Friday 1 November 2013

On the road again...

Howdy folks. First of all I want to thank you for reading my blog, numbers really took me by surprise few days ago. Today´s topic: travelling. And some news I´ve just found out.

Ok, it´s first of November for those who are still hangover from All Hallows Eve Party. I didn´t go to one, since most of people I know already left and those who stayed (my roomie Aris for example) are just not the kind of people I´d like to hang out with. Speaking of Aris, I played a prank on him, because he was such a pain-in-the-ass lately. When he asked me to book his ticket, I ordered some special services for him, such as hard on hearing assistance and stuff like that. I know, it is silly and childish, but I still wish to be there to see it, when he will be boarding the plane.


So, today I am leaving Cyprus. I had to wake up at seven, that means right now everyone thinks I am high or something, as my eyes are red and swollen. Wait, I´ll take a picture:


Told you, total mess. Btw, Movember started, so I shaved yesterday. Of course I had to leave something there, last time I shaved completely, they refused to sell me a beer. At the age of 25! Anywho, as I mentioned is Movember, I will post work-in-progress pics of my beard through the month. Is once a week enough?

Right, back to travelling. I left Ayia Napa and safely arrived to Cyprus capital, Nicosia. Now for those who don´t know, Nicosia is the last divided capital of the world. Almost one quarter of it is occupied by Turks since 1974. Actually I am now sitting in Starbuck on Ledras Ave, checkpoint and border control is like 100 meters away (one meter = 3 feet, googled it;). Few years ago you would see forces armed with rifles on both sides, nowadays it is more civilized. Don´t get me wrong, they still hate each other´s guts. 

If you ever come here, you can easily get to the other side, do some shopping and sightseeing, maybe having a shisha if you are like me. Oh, and don´t forget, there is an amazing comic book store on the Greek side, near Star*ucks, it´s a bit hidden, but not hard to find. 

Next move is to wait for a bus to Paphos, which is like 100km away (Imperials: google!). From Paphos I am flying to Krakow, Poland, then bus or train to Prague. That reminds me, I probably should look for one now.

Few photos before I move to another topic:

My favourite store in Ayia Napa

Tommy´s Bar - best karaoke in town

And right now I am here

Chillin´

I think I will start a tradition here. Category called "What The F... ehm, I mean Hell?" You are watching HIMYM, right? Everyone does. If you don´t, you should. Skip seasons 5-8. Anyway, it´s a cult and it will finish soon. CBS in their infinite wisdom and infinite need to fill a hole in their wallets after season 9 is over decided to create a spin-off. It will be called "How I met your... wait for it... Father"! 

Seriously? Are people behind this idea living on this planet? Have you ever seen "Joey", a spin-off to Friends? Don´t! Even! Think! About! It! Do I have to say Episode I? Guys and girls, HIMYM runs for way too long. I love that show, it is hilarious. But let it age, let it die and let it go. And everyone will remember it as something special. Now I see it as: "Oh, man, did you see the new HIMYF season 23? There is a hint that she will only sleep with 12 other guys before she meets him! And every one of that guys will have separate season, to make us know him better! Exciting!" Oh, another thought: will they keep on remastering old HIMYM to match HIMYF?

On a better note: Need for Speed: Rivals! Trailer first:


I love racing games! I´ve just recently finished Most Wanted, loved it, but... As always, story, another love of mine. Through the time I played MW I wanted to go back to The Run. That was something! And now, I am getting racing from MW, pursuits from Hot Pursuit and story from The Run. How awesome is that! I knew for twentieth installment of series we will get something special. And guess what? Ferrari is back! Now I am not such a fan as I used to be when MiSchu was racing for them in F1, but it´s still Ferrari, right? Every boy´s dream. 

Other goodies include customization for your car, which doesn´t make a thing for me, though I can imagine lots of people excited about it. Thing that excites me, and I am really curious, how will they pull this off, is AllDrive. Criterion and Ghost Games declare that AllDrive erases a line between single and multiplayer. I am not really sure how they solved waiting for other players and putting them on the same place in the same time smoothly. If they will, this can be a massive change for how we see games today. 

All we have to do is to wait till 19th of Movember. Same date with AC: Black Flag for PC! Christmas comes earlier this year!

Right fellas, have to run for a bus. See you next time



0 comments :

Post a Comment