Friday 8 November 2013

How to make good first impression

Greetings, humble human beings! Long time no article, if you consider week a long time... Loads of things hapenned to me during that week and I am eager to tell you about all of them. Or show, I have lots of photos ready.




So last week I was sitting in Star*ucks in Nicosia, waiting for a bus to Paphos, where my flight was from. I was a bit stressed about my time management, I prefer to have bigger time reserve when I am flying (although not as big as I had in Vietnam last year, 36 hours being stuck in the airport without guarantee that my plane will take off is only for experienced adventurers, I´ll tell you about it another time). Everything went smooth though, the only minor glitch was the fact, that I was sitting next to a seven year old boy on a plane. At least I am still sure that I hate kids. Managed to get some really nice pics of sunset somewhere above Hungary, feel free to use them for some motivational crap. I usually don´t know I can be whatever I want to, but the moment I see a picture of a sunset with some motivational words on it, I can totally feel it. Nevermind, here we go:




Landed in Krakow without problems and surprisingly I did not froze to death. I left Cyprus, where there was 34°C, landed in Poland with max. 8°C during day, so I expected to have a bit of trouble aclimatizing, but nothing. I actually enjoyed it, took a few deep breaths and it felt good. I was also able to sleep in the overnight train to Prague, which was even better.

In the morning I´ve found myself in a small cafĂ© in a bookstore right in the middle of Prague, Main Station. Free wifi plus 5% discount if you check-in on Foursquare made me make this spot my HQ while finding accomodation. I was ready to spend few nights in some hostel while I find some place to rent, but again surprise-surprise I managed to find a room for a reasonable price within two hours. What a luck, I arrived to Prague at 8am, at 11am I was already in my new place! Oh and in the meantime in the bookstore I went through this book and I am disappointed, it is actually quite boring, unless you want to know, how comics started in 19th century:


 It´s called "1001 comics, you have to read before you die" and with exception of few titles in it, it´s more for historicians than real fans. 

Soooo, this is where I live! It is a house in suburbs, but within walking distance from subway, six of us living here, one of them is my roomie. Cool guy, and there is a funny story, how we met. He was not here during weekend, so I met other guys first and we decided to go for one, max. two beers (biggest lie in history). How many of them we had will forever remain a mystery, but it was definitely north of seven. I wake up in the morning in my bed, roommate is already there, watching something on laptop and then he asked me whether I remember that I came home through the window on first floor (not the ground one, the one above)? Seriously? And then he also said I was speaking English with him all the time, instead of Czech/Slovakian. Way to introduce yourself to your roommate, Peter... Anywho, I took a photo of pub, it is traditionally Czech-looking pub in suburbs, some of streets around the house and my new workplace, which is really tiny, but has everything I need. This is where Don´t Panic Wargaming will start:


                                             
 


For those who don´t know what Don´t Panic Wargaming is, the main reason I moved to Prague is to fulfill my biggest dream, to get paid for my hobby. DPW will be a small business, producing wargaming terrain for games like Infinity etc. I wanted to avoid using MDF, because everyone does these days and although all of them are doing amazing jobs, it still look more or less same to me. I also (for now) decided to avoid the sci-fi/futuristic bandwagon and I will go different way. DPW kits will be made of resin, with additional stuff made of all kinds of materials (paper, photoetch, whatever you can imagine). And, the first product range is inspired by my trip to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam last winter, especially with Angkor style temples overgrown with vegetation, hidden deep in the jungle. To get the idea, you can visit my G+ albums, it has loads of photos from there and they are really inspiring.

And that is exactly what I am working on all these days. Angkor Jungle product range will start with a set of straight walls and corner-pieces, with easy-to-use joint system and some really cool bonuses in each set. I won´t reveal much at this stage, but if you will follow this blog or Don´t Panic facebook page, you might be among first ones to know. I have corner-piece first master almost ready, minus finishing touches, still working on a basic wall piece and today I´ve started on first add-on to this range, a small gate:



                              

Ok, more geek stuff. Biggest news of past week: we have Episode VII premiere date! Two years from now, I think I will start liking Christmas again. 18th of December 2015, mark your calendars. I´ve never been to movie premiere in a costume, but I have a hunch this will be the first time. Disney also announced a change with scriptwriters, from now on it´s the director himself, J.J.Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan, a well-known name among fans all over the world. Producer Bryan Burk, exec prods Tommy Harper from "Star - Trek Into Darkness" (I love Honest Trailers :) and Jason McGatlin. And if he lives long enough, music will be composed by John Williams. Fingers crossed, Johnny.

Oh, almost forgot. No-shave Movember, I´ve promised a photo every week, so here it is:


Starting to look quite cool, don´t you think? If you´re reading, leave a comment bellow, whether you take part in Movember or anything else you want to say. See you next time ;)




0 comments :

Post a Comment