Thursday 2 January 2014

New year, new article

Hey fellas, long time no see, huh? Yes, I know I've been busy doing few important things for me and lots of procrastination. But now 2014 is here and things will change. I am not making any promises, plans and resolutions, because they usually won't work, I already know myself that much. For sure I can tell you what is ahead of me at least for January and maybe a bit of things that happened since the last article.



With no stable job, my priorities are pointing that way. I am preparing to start tour-guiding in the Old Town of Prague. Whenever you are in this part of the world and you want to experience something different than usual tour of sightseeings full of facts you will forget next day, check Ghost Tour Praga. A friend of mine from Italy, Andrea is running it for over a year now, until now only in Italian language and that's where I come in. In January, we will start doing tours also in Czech and English language. What is it about? Well, many know that Prague as a city has dark and gruesome history. Once a world center of alchemy, there are dozens of buildings and catacombs that could tell you stories. Since they can't, unless you are a medium or something, I will be there to tell you stories about romantic, but forbidden love, cruel murders, revenge and bravery. All based on real facts, events that really happened and people who lived here for real. Rest is left on your imagination and the unique atmosphere of Old Town that trully gets under your skin.

Right now I am buried under a pile of books doing my research and translating the stories, to give you the idea, here is my most recent photo:


Now wargamers and modelbuilders, I am happy to announce that in December I've started doing custom resin casting, these days I am finishing my first batch for a sculptor from US. First Don't Panic Wargaming terrain products are on the way too, I am in the phase of detailing and texturing, soon to be ready for creating silicone molds and start casting. Original plans was to release first products by the end of December, but since my injury few days before Christmas, when I got one of my finger-joints dislocated, the production was slowed down. No worries, everything is fine now, but I have an advice for you: do not use the escalators in metro as a slide.

That is pretty much everything awaiting for me in January, right now I am visiting Slovakia, my homeland, for some New Year's celebrations and to see my family, as it's been few months since I was here. I also got some time for myself, so after a year I was finally able to watch the entire first Hobbit movie. I know I should be ashamed for that and my Tolkien-fan friends weren't really happy when I told them, but it was really really tough (read: 'boring') first half an hour of the film and I always fell asleep. And to be honest, it was quite good, although the visual effects were a bit of a disappointment. I mean, WETA, seriously, motion blur. It looked so fake. At least my expectations won't be so high for Desolation of Smaug. I'm still thinking I will wait another year to see it. Crap, I have to run, there is a bunch of Tolkien-lover under the window with torches and home-made weapons. 

Oh, and I've just saw new Sherlock! Absolutely frikkin' amazing, well worth waiting those two years. And more important, it will be only three days of waiting for the next episode. YAY!!!




0 comments :

Post a Comment